Two grants will help Greening of Detroit expand its tree nursery and Central Detroit Christian CDC re-tool its indoor fish farm, and provide an additional $50,000 to Greening as a challenge grant to help raise operating funds. Additional grants will:
- Support the development of a Sustainability Action Plan by the City of Detroit
- Research affordable ways to remediate lead in residential soil
- Pilot a collaborative, arts-based engagement strategy to cultivate Great Lakes stewardship
- Support the expansion of the Sidewalk Festival and its SideTrails artist residency program incorporating nature-based arts and culture programs and installations
- Advance sustainable development in Detroit’s neighborhoods by strengthening the nonprofit community development system in Detroit
Read out complete grants list here.